Saturday, October 8, 2011

44 Days of Witchery, Witchy Day 19: Paranormal Experience


My first school here in the U.S. was close enough from our house that I could walk there if the weather was nice. So my friends and I would do so almost every afternoon. In our route, there was a creepy house that we always kind of felt an aversion to. You got one of those "pick up the pace" kind of feelings. So we did.
Until one day, in early November, an older kid dared us to go in. Being that we were only 10 at the time, and this other kid was closer to 13, we obliged.
It was kind of cloudy out, which made it darker than normal for that time of year. There were 3 of us, and we slowly ascended the steps to the front door. To our unpleasant surprise, the door was not locked, so opened up on our first attempt. The older kids stood at the sidewalk and watched us enter.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, dust and dirt, sure, but all in all not too bad. No skulls or anything. We split up. One girl ventured off further into the house while another went upstairs. I stayed in the main room, looking at all the left behind knicknacks on the mantle and just lying around.
After what seemed like a lifetime, I heard a ruffle sound. I turned and saw a faint light on the stairs. It looked to be in the shape of a woman in a dress. She looked to be smiling, but I couldn't be sure. At that moment, the girl who went upstairs walked right through the apparition, and it was gone.
I didn't mention what I saw to any of them. We left the house, and the older kids seemed a little unsatisfied, but that was it. I can say, I didn't get that uneasy feeling when I passed by that house anymore.
Since then, I suppose my mind has stayed open to the other side. I no longer fear those "creepy" houses. I do get a sense that there may be a presence near me, but I'm not afraid. I've talked to some and have come to the conclusion that not all of them are bad. Not all of them are good either, but that's a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rate me

I make affordable handmade jewelry. From bracelets to earrings, to complete sets, custom designs available.