Wednesday, October 26, 2011

44 Days of Witchery Day 36: Flower of your choice and it's magical properties.


I chose Vervain as my magical flower.
One of my guilty pleasures: Vampire Diaries on the CW. In the show, vervain is used to protect humans against vampires. If drunk, the vampire wont want to drink your blood, and if worn, it will protect against mind control.
So how accurate did the show make use of this magical plant. Pretty accurate, actually. Going back to the middle ages, legends say that Vervain has been mixed in teas, worn in satchels and infused in baths to protect against Vampires.
But it doesn't end there. There are other uses for this magical plant too. Vervain is also used in love spells. Placed in the home, it protects from storms and lightning. And if buried in the garden, it's said your other plants with thrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rate me

I make affordable handmade jewelry. From bracelets to earrings, to complete sets, custom designs available.