Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday's Dinner Party

I love to cook, and I've been told I do a pretty fine job, so I thought I'd share the recipes my family seems to just eat up. Every Wednesday, I'll post a new one, and I hope to hear how they worked for you and yours.
Last night's entree was:
Pork Chop Casserole

you'll need:
  • 1 26oz can of Cream of Mushroom
  • 1 10 3/4oz of Cream of Broccoli
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 cups rice
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1tbs chopped onion
  • 4 boneless pork chops

  1. Preheat oven to 375degrees.
  2. In a large casserole dish, combine Cream of Mushroom, Cream of broccoli, water, and rice. Mix well so that rice is covered.
  3. Placed pork chops on top of mixture. Sprinkle garlic and onion over top of the pork chops. You may add salt and pepper if you wish, but I find the garlic is salty enough and the onion gives enough kick so as not to need any pepper.
  4. Bake, covered for 45 minutes, stirring once so the rice doesn't stick.
  5. Uncover, and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until rice is tender.
  6. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rate me

I make affordable handmade jewelry. From bracelets to earrings, to complete sets, custom designs available.