Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Crazy Train Rider WoodNGoods



Let me just say, that I admire anyone who can create such lovely pieces of art from plain old wood. WoodNGoods uses scraps and leftovers from flooring stores and job sites to make her wonderful artwork. Those pieces would otherwise just be burnt. To keep the natural look of the wood, no coloring is used except for an occasional leather dye to add more depth to the piece.
So amazing is the talent of this soccer mom of four kids, that some of the designs have been featured in Scrollsaw Woodworking and Craft Magazine. These original, one of a kind ornaments and wall art are sure to be passed on from generation to generation. My favorite: the MooShoo Dragon Mirror found on Artfire.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rate me

I make affordable handmade jewelry. From bracelets to earrings, to complete sets, custom designs available.